What's up in Middle School?
Each week throughout the school year, middle school students from all around the Fox Valley and Dekalb areas gather together for Genesis, a Wednesday evening program packed with games, music, videos, interactive teaching and breakout groups for discussion. Everyone is welcome and can jump into the program at any time at any of our three campuses: St. Charles, Blackberry Creek, and Dekalb.
For our Streamwood-Bartlett campus, the students will meet on Thursday nights from 6:30 - 8:30pm at the Streamwood-Bartlett campus at 23 W. Streamwood Blvd, Streamwood, IL 60107. Please jump in and join us any time!
- The first night of Genesis for the 2016-2017 year was Wednesday, August 24, 2016. There is no pre-registration or cost to be a part of Genesis! You can still join at any time!
- Please note, due to the holidays, there will be no Genesis meetings on Wednesday, December 21st or Wednesday, December 28th.
- On Wednesday, January 4th, we will have a special guest speaker during Genesis - Keith Ferrin, who will share with us how to "Fall in Love with God's Word."
- Students! Get your creative thinking caps on! The Genesis Video Awards (GVAs) will be Wednesday, January 11, 2017. Criteria, deadlines and categories will be communicated in December so that you can work on your videos over Christmas break.
- Save the Date! Middle School SBR will be July 10-15, 2017 next year. Please make sure to keep an eye on ccclife.org/summercamp for registration, which will open in January 2017.
- REACH is an annual domestic mission trip that is open to middle school students, high school students and adults to reach out to those in the middle and Eastern United States. This is a great opportunity for families to serve together. Next year's REACH mission trip will be to Russell, KY from June 10-18, 2017. For more information and to register, please visit ccclife.org/reach.
Genesis at each campus consists of the following elements:
- Social hang time
- Multimedia programming (large group)
- Bible teaching
- Adult-led small group discussions (divided by grade and gender)
Please note the specific days, times and locations for each program:
St. Charles Campus: Wednesday night 6:30-8:30pm
Blackberry Creek Campus: Wednesday night 6:30-8:30pm
DeKalb Campus: Wednesday night 6:30-8:30pm
Streamwood-Bartlett Campus: Thursday night 6:30-8:30pm
For more information or questions:
St. Charles: Pete Sutton at
DeKalb: Josh Haight at
Blackberry Creek: Erik Eclov at
Streamwood-Bartlett Campus: James Ahrenholz at