Women & Families
Gather to peacefully to pray outside of Planned Parenthood in Aurora on the 3rd Friday of every month. We have seen lives saved and people looking for alternatives as we simply stand and pray across the street from Planned Parenthood. For specific times, Email Ricki. (MAP)
Homes of Hope
Safe Families, Adoption, Foster Care
To cultivate a culture within Christ Community Church that encourages and prepares individuals, couples and families to care for vulnerable children and spread the good news of Jesus in the process.
- Awareness – Increase awareness of the Biblical calling and the need to care for vulnerable children through education, information and promotion.
- Resources – Facilitate the provision of resources in the areas of financial, events, learning, etc.
- Connections – Coordinate the connection of individuals, couples and families with the right people and/or organizations that can help them through the process of caring for vulnerable children.
- Evangelize to the children, the biological families of the children and others around the families involved.
- Connect vulnerable children with loving, Christian families and have their lives changed forever.
- Build a community of CCC families (across all campuses) who have a passion for caring for vulnerable children.
- Increase diversity in our church.
- Create a culture within CCC that loves and cares for vulnerable children and involves many different people.
- Strengthen CCC’s reputation in our community through our active desire to care for vulnerable children.
- Contact Us with questions or to find out more about Adoption, Safe Families, Foster Care or Home Care.
Administer Justice provides a wide range of services to meet both the immediate and future needs of low-income individuals facing civil matters. Some services are no cost and some may require a small administrative fee. Anyone will qualify for help if their household earns less than 250% of the federal poverty guideline. There are no restrictions to age, race, gender or religious affiliation. Our programs lead to personal empowerment based on Biblical principles.
To find out if you are eligible and to schedule an appointment, click the Schedule An Appointment link below.
Crisis Pregnancy Centers
Crisis pregnancy centers provide free and confidential support for women who may be experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. Included are pregnancy tests, accurate information on pregnancy-related issues, assistance in finding affordable medical care, adoption, maternity home and prenatal childbirth class referrals, as well as ongoing mentoring and friendly support.
- Fox Valley Pregnancy Center (South Elgin & St. Charles)
- TLC Pregnancy Services (Elgin)
- TLC Pregnancy Services-Donate Items (Elgin)
- We Care Pregnancy Clinic (DeKalb)
- Pregnancy Information Center (Aurora)
- Fox Valley Pregnancy Center
- TLC Pregnancy Services
- We Care Pregnancy Clinic
- Pregnancy Information Center
Lifespring Crisis Shelter
A crisis shelter providing short-term housing and care for at-risk or abused women and their children.
Pay It Forward
Providing low-cost temporary respite and lodging in a comfortable, home-like environment for family members and friends of patients at Kindred Hospital in Sycamore or elsewhere in DeKalb County. Serving opportunities include baking cookies, being a friendly face/greeter, cleaning crew, helping with fundraising, lawn and garden care.
Safe Passage is a safe shelter for women and children who have experienced abuse. Volunteer opportunities include office help such as data entry and filing, helping receive and organize donations, helping with fund raising, and various other serving opportunities.
Providing resettlement assistance for refugees from around the globe, World Relief works with local churches to help immigrants adjust to American life and culture. Volunteers provide basic resettlement needs by hosting refugee families that are in transition (typically one week), providing English tutoring, financial/budget advising, transportation, collecting/organizing household items for refugee's first apartments or joining a group of refugee moms for periodic "Ladies Day Out."